Whether you are considering installing a new HVAC system in your home or are in need of a trustworthy repairman who you can call for emergency repairs when a sudden breakdown occurs, it is important to consider several points before making a decision.
A heat/air conditioning system is one of the most important investments a homeowner will make, which is why we want to offer some basic tips to making your selection on which local HVAC company you should rely on for your residential A/C system maintenance and repairs.
- What’s the word around your town? Referrals are a great source. Don’t be afraid to ask the company you are considering for a list of references. Also, if you use social media, ask friends in your community who they use and whether they like the service they receive.
- Look for companies whose technicians are certified by NATE (North American Technician Excellence) and/or Energy Star.
- Do not consider a company that is unwilling to come to your home to survey your needs and give you a quote. If they only offer a quote via phone, do not consider them.
- Does the company seem to be knowledgeable on the latest heating and cooling equipment? If they only try to sell you the cheapest system and can’t answer questions regarding some of the newer models, then the company may not train their employees on the latest trends in the industry.
- A quality technician will ask you about any heating or cooling problems you are having with your current equipment and try to offer viable, affordable solutions.
- According to the American Council for an Energy-Efficient Economy, a good contractor will give you a written bid or proposal outlining the work that they will do, the type of equipment they will install, and the estimated price (including labor).
Live in or around Atlanta? Gagne Heating and Air Conditioning has been serving the Forsyth, Gwinnett, North Fulton and Alpharetta, Georgia areas for over 19 years now. As a locally owned and operated company, we promise excellent customer service, quality trained technicians and 100% satisfaction guarantee on our services.