If you own a business that requires commercial refrigeration such as a restaurant, convenience store or grocery store, you know how disastrous it can be if your system isn’t cooling properly or goes out altogether. Recognizing signs that your refrigeration system is about to die and learning a few troubleshooting techniques is vital.
If you’re still having issues with your commercial refrigeration unit after running through these following steps, contact an experienced Atlanta HVAC professional from Gagne to come take a look.
Here are three common commercial refrigeration issues and suggestions on what to do about each problem:
If your commercial refrigerator isn’t getting cold enough, this issue needs to be addressed quickly.
- First, check to see if the refrigerator is pushed too close to the wall. If it is, the air may not be circulating properly.
- Check the seal of the door. It may be worn, leaving the door unable to shut properly.
- Ensure the temperature gauge and compressor are functioning.
Refrigerator Freezing Up
Is ice collecting throughout the unit? Check the evaporator fan to make sure it’s properly regulating.
Maybe your refrigerator isn’t powering on at all.
- Make sure the unit switch has not been powered off.
- Look to see if the power plug has been knocked out of place.
- Check that the wiring and grounds are active. A voltage detector can make sure there is power.